[lug] Active Server Pages for Linux! (fwd)
wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Mar 6 09:26:49 MST 2000
I seem to get a lot of these kinds of adds these days, and never quite
know whether it is reasonable to forward it on to the list or not? So, I
guess it depends on my mood when I read them <grin>.
(wallen at boulder.nist.gov)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:42:38 -0800
From: Charlie Parks <charliep at chilisoft.com>
To: "'wallen at boulder.nist.gov'" <wallen at boulder.nist.gov>
Subject: Active Server Pages for Linux!
Chili!Soft is pleased to announce that our long awaited release of ASP for
Linux Redhat 6.0 and 6.1 is finally here! Your existing server-side ASP
script will be compatible with Chili!Soft ASP in the Linux environment.
Below are some of the advantages to running your ASP on Redhat Linux:
* You can take advantage of your existing staff (ASP developers,
Visual Basic programmers etc.)
* Better performance and stability - Chili!Soft ASP Linux will be able
run in multi-threaded mode
* You can leverage your existing resources and personnel using a
scripting language that is ubiquitous.
* Chili!Soft will include ODBC drivers for most major databases -
Oracle, MySQL, Infomix, Sybase, etc.
* Chili!Soft will also include drivers for connecting into Microsoft
SQL Server and Access database files residing on NT.
* Compatible server-side scripting languages - Chili!Soft licenses the
VB and Jscript engines from Microsoft
* Chili!Soft supports all the intrinsic objects of Microsoft ASP
(Request, Response, Session, Application and Server)
* ASP is a more mature, field-tested platform
* Chili!Soft win run natively to Linux Redhat 6.0 OS - this will make
it extremely fast!
Our final release (GA) will be released Monday, March 6th. Chili!Soft ASP
for Linx is priced at $995 for a 1 to 4 CPU license, but from now until
March 31st, 2000, you can purchase our for the introductory 50% off price of
$495. Please contact me at charliep at chilisoft.com
Thank you in advance for forwarding this e-mail to the BoulderLinux User
Tel: (425) 372-1707
Fax: (425) 562-9565
e-mail: charliep at chilisoft.com
More information about the LUG