[lug] Printing problems RH7.3
Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 20 11:10:18 MDT 2002
The sequence of events:
1. Printed full (37 page) .pdf doc with <mpage -2 -t -Php8> and got a
little less than half out
2. Printed the rest (forgot 4 pages in the middle) with <mpage -2 -t
and got out what I sent to the printer
3. Attempted to print the middle four pages with <mpage -2 -t -Php8>
and nothing came out.
Repeated print try several times but never got the pages.
4. Tried a different (2 page) .pdf doc with <mpage -2 -Php8> and that
5. Tried the original again with and without the -t option without
6. Tried a plain text file with mpage and lpr without success.
7. Tried a different printer without success.
8. Tried that 2 page doc but it doesn't print now.
Here is an lpq -Php8 immediately after attempting to print:
Printer: lp0 at space 'hp8' (dest /var/spool/lpd/lp0 at 22.214.171.124)
Queue: no printable jobs in queue
Status: job 'cfA999space.srrb.noaa.gov' removed at 11:04:22.271
JetDirect lpd: no jobs queued on this port
Earlier it would show a print job as active before showing it removed.
Now the job is removed immediately.
All seems strange to me, but maybe there is a lock file somewhere that
got set for some reason. I can print using a Windows machine.
More information about the LUG