[lug] Samba 2.2.3a-6 on Redhat 7.3
nagler at bivio.biz
Wed Nov 6 08:53:58 MST 2002
It's not easy, always. I have had problems connecting Linux to XP,
but I just "click around" until it works. Once I get it to work, I
forget what I did. It's like I have Microsnesia (not Micronesia which
is a much nicer place ;-) or something.
Here are some things I try:
* Make sure you don't have the XP firewall blocking Samba.
* Make sure the Linux box doesn't have a firewall blocking Samba.
* Make sure two boxes can talk via ping, ssh ("PuTTY" on XP).
* Are all host names resolved.
* Try Public shares (still need a guest account, I think on XP).
Probably more. It's a pain, but once it works, it's great. My
customers who have Linux Samba shares have *never* had a problem with
the Linux side. :-)
More information about the LUG