[lug] Fwd: hiring in South Boulder
Davide Del Vento
davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:21:08 MST 2013
If you are interested, please reply directly to Dan and/or to the
address mentioned a the end of the message.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Moore <manalist at mooreds.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Subject: hiring in South Boulder
The company I work for is hiring. We are located in South Boulder.
Job posting is below.
Seeking junior technical operations engineer
Our technical department has developed and runs the most popular real
estate website in Colorado. We are looking for a self motivated person
to join our team and run the technical operations of the website and
associated software applications. This is a role with room to grow.
The right person for this job will proactively keep the technical side
of the business up and running and work with the existing operations
team to improve processes. Great communication skills and a
proactive, friendly, can-do attitude are important, since we are a
A secondary focus will be to work with the software development team
to build software including mobile applications and custom server side
software. A dash of vendor management and a handful of requirements
gathering round out the picture.
Though the focus of this position is operations, we are looking for
someone who is interested in all aspects of development and
operations. Everyone on our technical team has development and ops
Our office is located in south Boulder.
Typical tasks for this position:
* monitor and troubleshoot functionality and performance of existing systems
- the site is slow!
- there are no photos from the photo data feed!
* interact closely with the day to day operations needs of the business
* rotating off hours pager duty
* reading log files to diagnose production issues
* provide tier 2 and 3 tech support to users of our applications
* help define and work on software projects as time is available. The
majority of these projects will be supporting and extending existing
* triage and review bugs in new software and help with QA
* upgrade software and hardware infrastructure as needed
* recommend and implement new software solutions as needed (one recent
project was integration with a large mail providers antispam program)
Required Technical Skills:
* 0-4 years experience in an operations role
* unix/linux administration
* version control
* mysql database administration
Preferred Technical Skills:
* performance tuning
* wordpress customization (plugins)
* office network admin (wireless routers, etc)
* jsp or LAMP development
* java development
* pentaho or other ETL tools
* competitive salary
* health care allowance
* paid vacation
* casual work environment
* 401(k) and match
* profit sharing
For more information about our company, visit http://8z.com/content/pages/why_8z
Please reply to tech.resumes at 8z.com with a resume.
More information about the LUG