[lug] SFS DevOps Camp
David L. Willson
DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Tue May 8 15:35:22 MDT 2018
I hope nobody minds if I quickly mention that SFS is delivering its first DevOps Camp this year, and there is still a little time to save $150 by signing up before Mom's Day.
We are forgoing our usual Linux Camp this year, so that we can teach other interesting things like:
Aaron Brown's List:
* Integrate complementary applications with API scripting
* Manage infrastructure as code to simplify your life
* Use containers for developer freedom and operational consistency
* Implement orchestration tools for micro-services management, scale,
self-healing, and rolling updates
* Build a decentralized, self-service monitoring infrastructure
* Leverage your DevOps skill set to build a continuous integration (CI/CD)
David L. Willson's List:
- Cloud Computing with OpenStack
- Configuration Management with Ansible
- Containers with Docker
- CI/CD Pipelines (or DTAP Streets) with GitLab CI
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Monitoring with Sensu or Prometheus
A highly-observant person will notice that these are the same knowledge domains, just highlighted differently. My fond hope is to get into at least a few debates about what is and is not DevOps, and hopefully at least one of them will descend into shouting "Developer Freedom!" and "Site Reliability!" at one another in a fashion reminiscent of the old "tastes great" vs "less filling" beer commercials. If we can't get that high, maybe we can at least get to "bleh bleh bleh" vs "dilly dilly".
Of course, like with Linux Camp and all our classes, the class materials will be CC BY SA. You pay for bunk, food, and performance art (teaching). If you're interested, sign up here: https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/248266974/
Or, ask me weird questions I couldn't possibly have anticipated.
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
COA LFCS CCAH RHCE CLP
This is a good time for a r3VOLution.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LUG